“Waldorf Education is not a pedagogical system but an art – the art of awakening what is actually there within the human being” – Rudolf Steiner
All children must have turned six by the first of November of the final KG year to enter Class One in the following year.
Example: A child turning six in December 2017 will only go to Class One in 2019.
Children who turn six in October’s admission to Class One, will be dependent on the outcome of their School Readiness Evaluation, input from the KG teacher and the parents. The final decision rests with the College of Teachers.
At Raphaeli Waldorf School we believe that for a child to be successful in their educational environment requires more than counting really well or knowing the alphabet. Children also need to be ready to engage with their classmates and have physical and emotional stamina to start and persevere on their academic journey. The age at which a child starts Class One may influence their future academic and life success and it is important to us to ensure that children thrive in school – not just now but also in the future.
Please take note of the following:
- Prospective parents need to fill in a preliminary applicationform, found on raphaeli.co.za
- All parents need to attend an Introductory Talk before the enrolment process can continue. Please e-mail the office to find out when the next one is being held.
- If a child is on the waiting list for a class, parents will be informed once there is an opening and the enrolment procedure will continue.
- A meeting will be set up with the Prospective Class Teacher and a three day trial period will be arranged (this applies for Classes 1 – 7 only).
- All Prospective Class One children have to undergo the School Readiness Evaluation by appointment. This assessment aims to gently assess physical, emotional and academic readiness for Class One.
- All prospective parents will be required to complete a financial information form.
- Following the Bursar’s approval, a Confidential Interview will be set up with the teacher and parents.
- Upon acceptance by the Teacher and College of Teachers, admin will issue admissions pack including the Parents’ Handbook.